Code of Ethics
Members of The Australian Vending Association recognise their obligation to serve the public, their customers and the community.
They are aware of the responsibility to the industry and in business dealings shall endeavour to elevate its standards. As a member of the Association:
- They consider Automatic Merchandising a worthy vocation, as it affords them a distinct opportunity to service the public.
- They will therefore, always keep the public's welfare and well-being first in mind.
- They hold that the sale of goods and services for profit is proper and ethical, provided that all parties in the transaction are benefited thereby.
- They will offer only high quality merchandise and service to the public at all times.
- They will see that merchandise or service machines are always clean, attractive and in good working order.
- They will have them serviced by competent personnel as frequently as the type of merchandise or service may require and meet all quality control standards.
- They will operate only those merchandising or service machines that clearly show when they are empty or those that will provide for the return of the patron's money if no merchandise is delivered or service rendered.
- They will see that all merchandise or service machines are plainly marked with clear and simple instructions for their operation.
- They will improve themselves, increase efficiency and will constantly strive to better service the public.
- They recognise the Automatic Vending Industry as a modern and efficient means of creating increased distribution of the products of Australian Manufacturers and industries to the public.